Leah Charles-King’s is a multi award winning TV & Radio Broadcaster, Producer, Speaker and Media Trainer. Her story and the path has been a journey of ups and downs, turns and twists. Yet through it all, one theme has emerged to define not only Leah as a person, but what her story teaches all of us: Follow your dreams and never give up!
Her career started at a young age, pursuing her onscreen goals as a child actress. As a teenager she burst onto the music scene as a founding member of the R “n” B group Kleshay signed to Sony Music. After ten successful years and a top 20 single, she moved back into onscreen roles; this time as a TV Presenter and live correspondent. Today she enjoys international presenting assignments and hosting major events at some of the most iconic venues around the world. She is one of the faces of Jackpot247 on ITV, and also hosts and produces a weekly flagship music entertainment show on multi award-winning The Beat London 103.6FM. To add, she runs her own media production company, and is the founder and primary coach at The Red Carpet Academy which helps businesses, entrepreneurs and budding presenters to refine their on-camera presence for their brand.
Leah has worked for some of the most well-known media companies in the world, and rubbed shoulders with many celebrities, international music artists, actors, and world leaders, but she has also been turned down, turned away, and forced to figure out, “What’s my next step?” It’s this combination of the highest highs, and the lowest lows that give her the powerful and unique ability to successfully coach and mentor hundreds of aspiring TV presenters and public speakers.
Her story combined with over 30 years in the entertainment industry truly make her the perfect coach for you to follow and accomplish your onscreen goals and dreams!
Leah Charles-King Fact file:
- Over 16 years mainstream experience in the media industry
- 1000’s of hours of live unscripted TV presenting experience
- Countless speaking engagements as a host for prestigious events nationwide
- Produced and presented programs transmitted in Europe, USA and Africa
- Seen by a combined estimated TV audience of over 200 million viewers worldwide
- Producer credits for live and pre-recorded content for TV transmission
- Presented and appeared on ITV, BBC, BET, The Disney Channel, MTV, Sky1 and more
- Launched OHTV and BET International on UK television as their first on-screen presenter
- First and only black female CITV continuity presenter in its 35 year history
- Some prestigious awards received to date include: Screen Nation, Wise Women and Divas of Colour “Best TV / Radio Presenter” and “ Best Woman in Media” accolades
- Accomplished Voice Over artist for TV, Radio and Online advertisements and campaigns
- Corporate video presenter for high profile clients and brands
- Backing Vocalist for the likes of George Michael, Andreas Bocelli and Mary J Blige to name a few
- Female Activist for women in the creative industries with own initiative entitled “Wonder Women”; inspirational and networking events for International Women’s Month.
- Personal Mentor to young women aged 18-28 years by offering internships at The Red Carpet Academy