Leah Charles-King’s is a multi award winning TV & Radio Broadcaster, Producer, Speaker and Media Trainer. Her story and the path has been a journey of ups and downs, turns and twists. Yet through it all, one theme has emerged to define not only Leah as a person, but what her story teaches all of us: Follow your dreams and never give up!
Her career started at a young age, pursuing her onscreen goals as a child actress. As a teenager she burst onto the music scene as a founding member of the R ‘n’ B group Kle’shay signed to Sony Music. After ten successful years including a top 20 UK chart single, reaching number one on the RnB charts, and countless TV appearances, she moved back into onscreen roles; this time as a TV Presenter and live correspondent. Today she enjoys international presenting assignments and hosting major events at some of the most iconic venues around the world. She is one of the faces of Jackpot247 on ITV, and also hosts and produces a weekly flagship music, entertainment and debate show on multi award-winning The Beat London 103.6FM. To add, she runs her own media production company, and is the founder and primary coach at The Red Carpet Academy which helps businesses, entrepreneurs and budding presenters to refine their on-camera presence.
Leah has worked for some of the most well-known media companies in the world, and rubbed shoulders with many celebrities, international music artists, actors, and world leaders, but she has also been turned down, turned away, and forced to figure out, “What’s my next step?” It’s this combination of the highest highs, and the lowest lows that give her the powerful and unique ability to successfully coach and mentor hundreds of aspiring TV presenters and public speakers.
Her story and raw talent, combined with over 30 years experience in the Entertainment industry, is truly what makes her a fantastic presenter on and off-screen.
Leah Charles-King Fact file:
- Almost 20 years mainstream experience in the media industry alone
- 1000’s of hours of live unscripted TV presenting experience
- Countless speaking engagements as a host for prestigious events nationwide
- Produced and presented programs transmitted in Europe, USA and Africa
- Seen by a combined estimated TV audience of over 200 million viewers worldwide
- Producer credits for live and pre-recorded content for TV transmission
- Presented and appeared on ITV, BBC, BET, The Disney Channel, MTV, Sky1 and more
- Launched OHTV and BET International on UK television as their first on-screen talent
- First and only black female CITV continuity presenter in its 35 year history
- Has received 10 prestigious ‘Best Presenter” awards to date including Screen Nation
- Accomplished Voice Over artist for TV, Radio and Online advertisements and campaigns
- Corporate video presenter for high profile clients and brands
- Backing Vocalist for the likes of George Michael, Andreas Bocelli and Mary J Blige
- Female Activist for women in the creative industries with own initiative entitled “Wonder Women”; inspirational and networking events for International Women’s Month.
- Has trained over 300 speakers and presenters at The Red Carpet Academy
- Personal Mentor to young women aged 18-28 years by offering internships at The Red Carpet Academy